NVAHU members help millions of consumers by guiding them through the complexities of health insurance purchasing and enrollment, while ensuring they get the best policy at the most affordable price. We seek to understand each personal situation to create recommendations that complement a client's financial and medical security needs. And our job does not end with the sale. Our licensed producers help their clients with claims issues, service questions and compliance matters throughout the life of each policy they sell.
NVAHU offers its members a multitude of educational opportunities, including advanced designation programs, continuing-education classes and online learning. NAHU provides its members with professional conferences and networking functions, publications and business-development tools. We also conduct advocacy efforts at the state and federal levels of government to advance the interests of health insurance professionals and to promote affordable and responsible private health insurance market solutions.
NVAHU advocates for our members, provides professional development and delivers resources to promote excellence.
NAHU's Vision Statment
NVAHU is the preeminent organization for health insurance and employee benefits professionals.
Agents of the North Valley chapter are a part of the larger National Association of Health Underwriters representing more than100,000 licensed health insurance agents, brokers, consultants, and benefits professionals through more than 200 chapters across America.
NVAHU members provide valuable services to both business and individual consumers of health care by improving their ability to access a variety of health care and related benefits plans, and by assisting them in getting the most value from these plans after they are implemented. Because our members practice in a complicated field that requires a significant amount of expertise, they benefit from participation in a professional association that will allow them to increase their knowledge and exposure to information and services in important areas. They additionally benefit from efforts made on their behalf to preserve and improve the industry in which they practice and to improve the ability of the public to access affordable financing for their health care needs. I invite you to join NVAHU and become one of the most knowledgeable professionals in the insurance industry.
NVAHU's Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a professional and public trust and do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients' trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which I know may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a career, to know and abide by the laws of any jurisdiction Federal and State in which I practice and seek constantly to increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practices which may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications which reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To extend honest and professional conduct to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.